My Engine Tuning Progress Bar

Thursday, June 08, 2006

I'm READY

as I 'm gonna get for the 2006 MS tour.
According to the test my trainer gave me yesterday, I have reduced my body fat from 4-.1- 30.2 since march. Thats 25% LESS! waa whooo! Now only 288 lbs of jiggling muscled fat -next year I hope to be @199-215 for the MSRide!

Last weekend I put on a set of burley moustache handlebars (and longer cables) so my knees would not be hindered and that I would not have any upper arm pain. 30 km later no pain and I love the new bars!

Since I like to listen to audible books and music while I ride, I needed a place to set my MP3 player. I found a white reflector, removed the clear face, added industrial velcro to it and my players and Voila a great holder right on the handle bars. Works great for $1 eh! I use a rubber ring for added secruty.

I finally got a wicking thermal undershirt for cooler and wet riding. More layers the better, right?! Went for a 10 k test ride tonight all decked out in the gear I have for wet weather; was all toasty and warm. Top: wicking under shirt,wicking bike shirt, weather resistant biking jacket, thinsulite gloves, neofleece masque, skull cap, bike helmut and earuffs. Lower: lake sandals, merino wool socks, leg warmers, cotton briefs, running tights, and wind resistant long pants. Now I Just have to do something for foggy glasses.

Tomorrow I pack, sleep, then on Saturday we ride. Sat/Sun weather forecast: cloudy with 40% chance rain hight 16 -19. If there is no rain and very little wind, it should be a nice riding weekend. Expect the wind from east this time of year so heading to Camrose south east will slow us down. Sunday could be a faster day with tailwind most of the day! Stay tuned monday or tuesday for a post ride report and pix. (soggy fat man in tights!)
Larry